See the video of the press conference below.
Our earlier blog post has more information about the report, which can be read here.
Media stories on the report include:
- "Study Investigates Two Decades of APD Officer-Involved Shootings" (audio included) by Daysha Eaton. KSKA-FM Anchorage Public Radio, 11 Dec 2013.
- "With 45 Anchorage Police Shootings in Two Decades, Researchers Crunch the Numbers" by Casey Grove. Anchorage Daily News, 11 Dec 2013.
- "UAA Justice Center Study Looks for Answers Behind Police Shootings" by Suzanna Caldwell. Alaska Dispatch, 11 Dec 2013.
- "UAA Study Examines Officer-Involved Shootings: In 45 Cases in the Past Two Decades, Every Suspect Had a Weapon; 40 Percent of the Time It Was a Vehicle" (video included) by Heather Hintze. KTVA Channel 11 News, 11 Dec 2013.
- "Police Shootings Usually Preceded by Driving, Threats: In 40 Percent of Anchorage Police-Involved Shootings, Car Was the Weapon Used" by Dan Carpenter. KTUU Channel 2 News, 11 Dec 2013.
- "UAA Study of Anchorage Police Shootings Released" by the Associated Press. SeattlePI.com, 12 Dec 2013. This AP story has also been published by the San Francisco Chronicle, Beaumont Enterprise (TX), GreenwichTime.com (CT), and Franklin Daily Journal (IN).
Dr. Troy Payne, UAA Justice Center, 786-1816 or email@example.com
Jennifer Castro, APD, 786-8571 or firstname.lastname@example.org