As stated on their website, the objectives of the Office of Equal Opportunity within the Municipality are to:
- Ensure employees and people doing business with the Municipality of Anchorage are treated fairly.
- Investigate Title VII complaints of discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin or sex.
- Provide training for employees on unlawful discrimination and harassment.
- Promote diversity within the Municipal workforce and community.
- Ensure companies doing business with the Municipality of Anchorage follow contract compliance regulations.
- Ensure that Minority, Disadvantaged and/or Woman-Owned Businesses have equal opportunity.
- Ensure Non-Discrimination in federally assisted projects.